And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel’s will save it. – Jesus
Learning and growing I think a lot the past few weeks and months in general. Men’s training day came at exactly the right time and I’m so thankful for the trajectory that it is setting for the life God has planned for me, my family, the church, and the city. It’s going to be tough from here on out, but the hope of progress and life is secure in Jesus. A lot of repentance, work, and change will be needed, but all of it will be empowered by the Holy Spirit. I’m stoked that we’re going to be going through Acts after Ephesians. I’m so glad that I’m going to learn how to yield to the Spirit’s leading in life after realizing and working out of my identity in Christ. It’s been absolutely life changing and Jesus has been amazingly loving, powerful, and able to save me from sin and death and grow me in this new life. It’s great!
- Worshiping Jesus as men means that our deepest loyalty is to Him above all others – even death to your own self so that you may find true life in Him and no one else
- Super encouraged that I’m seeing the Spirit work in me to change me, help me to repent, and a community to point me back to Jesus all the time
- Excited because I’m seeing hope in redemption for many practical things in life too – relationships, work & career, ministry, etc. Abiding in Jesus is the most important thing – the fruit will come – He promises that!
- I love the men and women that God has placed and raised up in our church. Their investment is eternity shaping and I’m amazed at what God is doing in people’s lives here.
- Wartime is real, it’s time to resume the fight.